Friday, May 09, 2008

Playing Favorites

My favorites


Actors: Jim Caviezel, William H. Macy, Harrison Ford, Jimmy Stewart, Keith David, Clive Owen, Chiwetel Ejiofor (most under appreciated supporting role player ever), Paul Giamatti, Christopher Walken, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Pierce Brosnan, Christopher Plummer, Dick Van Dyke, Daniel Day-Lewis, John Lithgow, Geoffrey Rush, Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Cillian Murphy, Samuel L. Jackson, Nathan Lane, Chris Cooper, Fred Willard, Eugene Levy, Ossie Davis, Robert Preston, Robert Downey Jr.

Actresses: Zooey Deschanel, Laura Linney, Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johansson when she's on her game, Kate Winslet, Amelia Warner, Elizabeth Banks, Rachel Weisz, Maggie Smith, Grace Kelly (I'm really struggling to think of others, I guess the only conclusion is that women are inferior right?)

Comedians: Will Ferrell, Stella, Jim Gaffigan, Tina Fey, Flight of the Conchords, Demitri Martin, Conan O'Brien, The entire cast of Arrested Development

Songs: "Trapeze Swinger"-Iron and Wine, "Do not Forsake me, Oh my Darlin"-Tex Ritter, "Champagne Supernova"-Oasis, "Big Machine"-Goo Goo Dools, "Messiah"-Handel, "One Day More"-Les Miserables

Birds I've seen in the wild: Indigo Bunting, Scarlet Tanager, Blue Bird, Peregrine Falcon, Pileated Woodpecker

Books I'd recommend (off topic because they're not necessarily my favorites, but whatevs): The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, High School Confidential, A Son of Thunder

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

Keira Knightly, Daniel? Sheesh. Were you just picking names out of the air at that point?

Emma Thompson. Cate Blanchett. Nicole Kidman. Tilda Swinton. Audrey Hepburn. Meryl Streep. Judi Dench. Michelle Pfeiffer. Miranda Richardson. Angelica Huston. Jodie Foster. Julianne Moore. Toni Collette.

And of course, Hilary Duff.

We need to have a movie night before I move away. Done.

10:44 PM, May 14, 2008  
Blogger DJDangerRanger said...

Haha, ouch, I didn't realize Keira was so controversial. I thought about some of those names, such as Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman and Judi Dench, but though they're good, they're just not my favorites. I actually refused to pick Julianne Moore after seeing her in Freedomland, even though she's good in other stuff. I don't know who Miranda Richardson is. I've heard Emma Thompson is good but I've only seen her in like one thing. I'm not that big a fan of Pfieffer or Collette. Anjelica Huston and Meryl Streep scare me. And I concede, I should have listed Tilda Swinton as I'm a large fan.

And Hilary Duff naturally.

I would love to have a movie night, but only worry that it is not possible. I'm going to be in New Zealand from the 21st until June 15th. But we'll have to try and work something out won't we?!

2:33 PM, May 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home