Amendment
So, it just struck me recently that in my list of the top fifteen Dannys from a few months ago, I omitted one key figure, actor Danny Aiello. He doesn't have that great of recognition but my discovery of his talents was actually one of the inspirations for that post in the first place, but by the time I finally got around to jotting down the names he just plumb slipped my mind. He's most known for playing tough Italian-American characters, even landing roles in such acclaimed films as The Godfather Part II, Leon the Professional, and Once Upon a Time in America. His most famous character is probably that of Sal the pizzeria owner in Do the Right Thing, for which he was nominated for the Best Supporting Actor Oscar. My respect Mr. Aiello.
Addition 8/2008: So, I've just recently viewed the movies Tropic Thunder and Pineapple Express, both featuring a strapping new comic by the name of Danny McBride. He makes me cry from laughing so hard, and he would definitely be in the top five himself if I redid the list.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home