Peace on Earth
An alien invasion would do wonders to solve all of the internal quarrels and strife of the world. Nothing solves disuptes or helps people set aside differences quicker and more reasonably than an immediate and more powerful common enemy. It could do what WWII did for America, pulling us out of the Great Depression, but on a global scale. Of course, there's the probability that in the event of an attack humanity would lose. Clearly the aliens would exceed our technology in the first place just by making it to another planet, and they'd likely proceed to slaughter us, or, if we're lucky, make us their concubines. Who knows though? We could pull a War o' the Worlds on them (I, for one, would make a fantastic Tim Robbins).
But seriously, the only other idea I've ever heard with some merit, is when former Olympic skiier Johnny Moseley proposed throwing a pizza party for all of the leaders in the Middle-East, though apparently that party-pooper Ariel Sharon is "dairy intolerant." Cry baby. The biggest conflicts today though arise from cultures across the world that foster manipulated passion and misguided patriotism. That could be all be diverted onto the aliens, channeling a unifying purpose through all mankind. And, for real, if Mulan is any indication, being a concubine would't be so bad, plus we'd be a united species of concubines, and what I ask you, United States, could be sweeter than that.

4 Comments:
Mulan rocks, dude.
'member that one time Eddie Murphy was a sassy dragon?
I remember when he played a woman and a man in the same movie! What clever hijinks he deploys!
But seriously, Mulan is the ultimate warrior.
Unfortunately, I feel like an alien invasion of the world would end up more like the British Colonization of India and less like the Second World War. Sorry to be the bearer of really depressing news, but you are right we still would get to become concubines, and really hot ones at that.
So apparently I might actually have been on to something. Here's a quote from Ronald Reagan in 1985: "I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world," describing why he talked with Gorbachev regarding relations in the event of an alien attack.
Post a Comment
<< Home